About Frieze Carpet
Frieze is one of the most popular carpet styles available today that has a very high twist level. Twisted strands are usually less than ¼ inch and are twisted about 3 to 5 times per inch. Higher quality frieze usually has 7-9 twists per inch, which creates an even more curled look. Frieze can be made out of most carpet fibers and is most commonly made from wool or nylon. Due to the style, frieze carpet is only available in a variety of colors and speckled varieties. The experts at Floor Coverings International West Metro Atlanta outline the different benefits and drawbacks of frieze below.
Benefits of Frieze
- Durable: Frieze is one of the most durable carpet styles available. The tight twists hold up well to high volumes of foot traffic.
- Low-Maintenance: The short and twisted fibers are also great for hiding dirt and debris that are tracked in. All you need to do is vacuum 1-2 times per week and clean up spills as they happen!
- Cozy: The thick, soft material is perfect for rooms where you want a cozy feel such as the bedroom.
- Trackless: Unlike some carpet styles, frieze does not show vacuum marks and footprints easily.
Disadvantages of Frieze
- Simple Looks: Due to the way frieze is made, it isn’t available in complex patterns like some other styles.
- Casual Appearance: Frieze tends to look more casual, so it doesn’t always work well in rooms going for a fancier look.
Frieze Carpet in Marietta and Beyond!
Frieze carpet can be stain treated to help extend the lifespan of your new carpet. Remember to have your carpets professionally cleaned 1-2 times per year to keep it looking beautiful. We’ll go over this and more during your free in-home design consultation with Floor Coverings International West Metro Atlanta where we bring the samples right to your door! We proudly serve the greater Marietta, East Cobb, Powder Springs, and Smyrna areas.
Photo Credit: Mikhail Klyoshev